Home Security Survey
Review the Following with Your Locksmith
Do all exterior doors have high quality dead bolts?
If doors have glass, is dead bolt a double cylinder type?
Are door strikes high security and secured into framing studs?
Are repairs needed to upgrade strength of "D" doors or frames?
Are outside hinge pins of doors secure?
Do doors have wide-angle viewers?
Are locks on sliding patio doors sufficient?
Are doors leading to basements and garages as secure as exterior doors?
When you move into a new residence, do you have all the locks re-keyed?
- Are windows sturdy and kept repaired?
- Are windows secured with high quality secondary locks?
- Are windows opening onto fire escapes, patios or balconies locked when you go to bed?
- Are basement windows secured from being forced open from outside?
LIGHTING AND SHRUBBERY
- Are shrubs trimmed low to prevent a burglar from hiding near windows and doors?
- Are all entrances illuminated?
- Are all exterior lights located high enough to prevent tampering?